||Lane & Associates
|Our team of specialists conduct corporate investigations into criminal activities; including Fraud and Theft.
Our team can obtain information pertaining to an individual or corporate body seeking finance, employment, buy-outs, joint ventures, merges, acquisitions or corporate control.
The following Investigation Services can be provided.
- Commercial Investigations
- Industrial Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Forensic Auditing
- Forensic Services
- Asset Checks
- Pre-Employment Screening
- Verification of educational qualifications
- Tenant Vetting
|In any business the Accountant looks at the numbers. Our Forensic Investigator looks behind the numbers.
When you suddenly notice that there are some obvious discrepancies within your books. The numbers do not match. You appear to be making a profit, yet the books do not reflect it. What can you do? The obvious solution would be to hire an accountant. But, think all an accountant can do is look over the numbers and find out if they do or do not balance. If he finds out there are some inconsistencies he can inform you of this and that is where it ends. Then it is up to you to discover the reason behind the loss, the manner in which the loss occurred, and the individuals who are to blame. When you hire a Forensic Investigator not only do you find out all of this information, but also you receive a solution to the problem.
At Lane & Associates, we use intelligence gathering techniques and accounting/ business skills to obtain information and opinions. Once our experienced Forensic Investigator has examined your books, checked your systems and procedures, he will be in a position to find discrepancies, find the reasons for these discrepancies, and even appear as an expert witness if legal action must be taken.
Our Forensic Invetsigator will conduct thorough enquiries into each of the communication links between the Accountant and various departments and locate deviations and weaknesses.
With our Investigations we are able to reveal:
The Lane & Associates Forensic Investigator will analyse, interpret, summarise and present complex financial and business related issues in a manner, which is both understandable and properly supported in addition to assisting in legal proceedings, including testifying in court as an expert witness and preparing visual aids to support trial evidence.
- Duplication of orders (one payment only on an invoice)
- Detection of photocopied, scanned or reproduced transaction documentation. (Sophisticated copying equipment is now available to reproduce colour accurate copies)
- Unauthorised use of cancelled documentation
- Deviations from sequential documentation systems
- Abuse of weighbridge operating systems, which allow bypassing or manipulation of overweight loads
- Deviations on authorised deliveries by delivery personnel based on collation of schedules and signed P.O.D s on return
- Confirmation of legitimate tying up of manual against computerised documentation where both are utilised in any one operation
Corporate Intelligence Gathering
|Lane & Associates is able to gather strategic information on companies and provide profiles of individuals.
|Nowadays it is necessary to implement measures to prevent the leakage of intelligence to one's competitors.
Lane & Associates will assist in protecting your ideas, plans, strategies, hard work, and privacy.
Electronic Monitoring Counter Measures (De Bugging)
|Contrary to what is advertised, there is no do-it-yourself magic bullet in eavesdropping detection. You cannot dial a number to see if your phone is tapped. There is not any one instrument, which will detect all "bugs" for you. There is no gadget, which will protect you from all wire-tapers. Electronic Monitoring Counter Measures (EMCM) also known as Debugging. EMCM is labour intensive hard work, utilising expensive specialised equipment.
Our personnel use the latest technology coupled with extensive training and experience in this field.
- Disputed and Questioned Documents
- Psychological Analysis of Documents or individuals (Conducted by a qualified and practicing psychologist)
- Crime Scene Analysis
|Web site and all contents © Copyright Lane & Associates - Services 1998-2018. All rights reserved.